Allows the user to view Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
Microsoft Excel is the same spreadsheet app you’ve been using for years but now designed to run on your phone.
The Microsoft Excel Android app gives you a full suite of data analysis tools, as well as the ability to view, backup, and share files from the cloud. Open up and analyze files while on the go, use powerful search features to find exactly what you’re looking for, and make edits and annotations for later.
It’s important to note that while this version of Microsoft Excel for Android is quite powerful, you’ll still be bound by the limitations of mobile device hardware. You won’t be able to do everything on your phone, but you will be able to get more done than you have before.
If you’re looking for a way to edit and view spreadsheets, share and backup your files to the cloud, few do it better than Microsoft Excel app for Android!
- Get Powerful Data Analysis in Your Pocket Tired of having to wait until you get home to check on spreadsheets? Get native support in Excel on your phone and tablet!
- A Full Featured Version of Microsoft Excel Built for Your Phone Sick of using third-party apps that don’t support all the features you’ve come to expect from Excel? Get award winning features and support from Microsoft on all your devices.
- Backup, View, and Share Files from the Cloud You can view, save, and share files from the cloud without having to store anything on your local device.
- Nothing Like the Real Thing While this is a great way to check apps on the go, it’s important to remember that there’s only so much you can do with your phone.
• Use SVG images in Excel: Insert and edit scalable vector graphic (SVG) images in your workbook to create sharp, well-designed content. No expert software required.
Potentially dangerous permissions
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_CONTACTS: Allows an application to read the user's contacts data.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- GET_PACKAGE_SIZE: Allows an application to find out the space used by any package.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.